the Ohio Bobcat Club?
The Ohio Bobcat Club serves as the fundraising arm of Ohio Athletics and is committed to generating resources in support of 16 varsity programs and over 430 student-athletes.
Message from the AD
What makes you proud
to be a Bobcat?
In the few short months since my hire, I have repeated this question many times when I’ve been introduced to Bobcats from all over the country, in various stages of life, each with special memories of their own personal chapters in Athens. As I have worked to earn my place within the Bobcat family, I have heard time and again the passion, nostalgia, appreciation and love of Ohio University in every response. So many formative experiences in one transformational place have left indelible marks on the lives of Bobcats near and far.
Every day, our Bobcat Athletics coaches and staff endeavor to provide impactful developmental experiences for our current student-athletes, preparing them to launch their own journeys as Bobcat alumni who will one day lead within their own respective communities and repay the support so generously provided by our donors and season ticket holders in Athens and beyond. Your gifts to the Ohio Bobcat Club are direct investments that ensure our ability to provide meaningful academic, athletic, leadership, and health and well-being services to our student-athletes in spaces that facilitate and celebrate our daily pursuit of excellence.
So, what makes me proud to be a Bobcat? I am proud of our departmental efforts to achieve an 89 percent NCAA Graduation Success Rate, with 300 students who have earned a GPA above 3.0 and a departmental cumulative GPA of 3.235. I am proud of our MAC-leading THREE STRAIGHT BOWL WINS and the competitive momentum of multiple Bobcat teams that are poised to achieve postseason success on a national level. I am proud to tackle the challenge of extending these accomplishments as we integrate with our University and inspire passion in our Bobcat alumni and supporters. And I am proud to be the newest member of the OHIO Bobcat family to shout out “Oh Yeah” every time I hear “OU.”
To our loyal Bobcat supporters, we sincerely appreciate you. To those Bobcats who are not yet OBC members, I invite you to join us and become part of our family in supporting our student-athletes. We promise to make you proud.
Ways to Give
To support the Ohio Bobcat Club, you can donate in any of the following ways:
Ohio Bobcat Club Annual Fund
- Gifts to the Ohio Bobcat Club Annual Fund count towards benefits such as premium seats, preferred parking, and hospitality access. Parking is only accessible through gifts to the Ohio Bobcat Club Annual Fund.
- These funds are used for team travel, academic services, equipment, and special needs at the Athletic Director’s discretion.
- Funds are directed towards operations and scholarships, per the guidelines of the donor. Does not qualify you for Ohio Bobcat Club Benefits.
Sport Specific Funds
- Funds are used to offset expenses such as team operations, equipment, and travel
- Gifts to sport specific funds qualify you for Ohio Bobcat Club benefits excluding parking for football and men’s basketball. Football and men’s basketball parking are only accessible through gifts to the Ohio Bobcat Club Annual Fund.
- Funds are directed towards facility projects such as the Perry and Sandy Sook Academic Center. Does not qualify you for Ohio Bobcat Club benefits; however, you will be eligible for priority points.
How to Give
Checks can be mailed to:
The Ohio Bobcat Club
Convocations Center, S126
1 Ohio University Dr.
Athens, OH 45701
Checks can be made out to the Ohio University Foundation
In the Memo line put the designation of the gift
- Ex. Gifts to the annual fund should read Ohio Bobcat Club. Gifts to women’s golf should read women’s golf
Gifts of appreciated securities are a great way to transmit assets to Ohio University as charitable contributions. Regardless of the method of transferring stock, as per IRS regulations, the value of the stock gift is calculated on the date the transfer is received by Ohio University or its broker. Similarly, the value is calculated as the average of the high and low price on the date the transfer was received by the university or its broker, not the date it was sent. Donors need to specify and confirm in writing the designation(s) for the gift, ideally before the stock transfer is made.More Information on Stock Transfers
Over the years, Ohio University Intercollegiate Athletics has gratefully benefitted from the thoughtful planned gifts of alumni, faculty, parents, and other friends; in the form of bequests, charitable trusts, charitable gift annuities, etc. By making a planned gift, you are furthering the purpose and vision of Ohio University Intercollegiate Athletics.
You may receive many benefits that can include immediate income/gift tax deductions, estate tax deductions, life income for you, and life income for your spouse. Perhaps the most important benefit is knowing that you have meaningfully contributed to Ohio University Intercollegiate Athletics and have created a legacy that reflects your values.”More Information on Planned Giving